During the reign of King Rama IV sometime in 1927, his majesty ordered to change the name of Wat Bangkoonprom Nok to Wat Intharaviharn as the former name was similar to Wat Intararm (South) of Donburi provice to avoid confusions.
|Praseearayamatetrai known as Luanphor Toh|
|B.E.2549 series. Mass chanted by many popular Keji monks|
Featured above is a rare Somdej 3-tier made by Luangpu Pu. There is no difference whether this somdej piece is originated from Wat Rakang or Wat In as both temples are closely associated in the past. It is believed that holy "Phra That" are embedded at the rear of this piece.
Praseearayamatetrai or commonly known as Luanpor Toh, a big standing Buddha holding a bowl at Wat Intharaviharn was firstly built by the revered Somdej Praputtajarn Toh, the master of Luangpu Pu but it was not completed. Therefore, Luangpu Pu continued the building and construction of the monument to completion.
Luangpu Pu lived a very long life to 104 years old with 83 years in the monkhood. It is hard to find any monk comparable to Luangpu Pu with such long tenure in serving Buddhism.
|The foot of this tall standing Buddha statue have a historical event. On the 22nd day of the 6th month in B.E.2515, Somdej Toh passed away at the foot of the Buddha foot. |
|This is the main shrine hall with beautiful paintings on the wall. The picture below shows the outer building of this shrine hall. |
Wat Intharaviharn Amulets
|The temple's amulet counter is attended by Wat In's resident monks. |
|Wat Intharaviharn Somdej circa B.E.2533. |
Wat Intharaviharn's first Jatukarm batch was consecrated in B.E.2550 featuring Somdej Toh at the reverse. This is a highly collectible set because this is considered "Roon Laek" First Batch that Wat Inn have ever created.